How to grant a user permission to access another user’s oneDrive
When an employee leaves your organization, the management wants to access their data to review it and give it a new employee or want to backup the data.
Once you remove the license and delete the user, you will have 30 days by default (can be increased from OneDrive admin center) to access user’s OneDrive data, after 30 days the data will be deleted.
We can allows other users to access OneDrive data using below methods.
Option 1 – Using user’s OneDrive link from M365 Admin center
In the admin center, go to the Users > Active users page.
Select a user.
In the right pane, select OneDrive. Under Get access to files, select Create link to files.
Click on this link and you will get redirected to the user’s OneDrive in your browser window.
Replace OneDrive with mngsiteadmin, so the link will become line below.
Add the new user in the permissions list and click Ok. don’t remove any permissions from here.
The new user will have permissions to the OneDrive
Option 2 – Using SharePoint Admin Center.
- Login SharePoint Admin Center
- On the left hand pane open the “more features”
- Under User Profiles, select Open.
- Under People, select Manage User Profiles.
- Enter the user’s name and click Find.
- Right-click on the user’s name and select Manage Site Collection Owners.
- Add a secondary admin in the “Site Collection Administrators” and Click OK